Checking out on Pop Culture
Sunday, April 02, 2006
  George Mason
Don't know what possessed me last night, but I watched the George Mason/Florida game last night. For the past few week I've loosely followed the final four activity of college basketball. Even though I'm a short distance out odd Tallahassee FL, I twilight 'Well, why not root for our strongest rival-Florida. I got say, Florida dominated the play to this point. When I turned on the set an hour before game time all the commentators were picking Florida.

Now a few qualifications are in order. I'm not a basketball aficionado. I'm not even a sport's jock. Be good grief! Florida has it all!

There was no doubt that the three point shots dominated the game. George mason couldn't put together a long effort to rout Florida. Almost none of their three point shots worked. Noah dominated the center of the court. Green was unstoppable.

My son pestered me to put on Spider-man ll (it was my idea). I said the games almost over! Lets see the final three minutes. You've got to understand something. I'm a die hard Seminole fan. I'll always root for my team. If truth be told however, my real reason for rooting against Florida has historically been because Steve Spurier was the coach. Has their ever been a more pitiful coach than him?

Never did suffer winers and complainers very well. Steve broke and formed a new mold of disgruntled complainers. So considering all this I am still amazed that I can root for Florida. Their play impressed the hell out of me however.

I predict they win the whole shooting match!
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a 50 y/o white guy. Own my own business. Have wife, son & two step daughters. Have a Bull Mastiff dog, chickens, 1 cat. I live on 10 acres deep (in the woods) of north Florida.

ARCHIVES
12/12/05 / 12/14/05 / 12/16/05 / 12/24/05 / 12/26/05 / 01/04/06 / 01/09/06 / 01/20/06 / 01/30/06 / 02/08/06 / 03/22/06 / 03/24/06 / 04/02/06 / 04/16/06 / 05/01/06 / 05/15/06 / 02/20/07 / 03/01/07 /


Powered by Blogger