Checking out on Pop Culture
Monday, May 15, 2006
  Deadly alligators
Might seem insane on my part to comment on alligators on a blog dealing with insane pop culture. My fertile mind is ready to make a connection: here it is. It is insane to dangle one's feet, stroll near marshy wash outs or swamps and be a demure, petite young woman. Alligators are meat eaters. They eat regularly!

Reading my typical news sights each morning I ran across another alligator attack today. This makes three in the past week. All women. The last one was spotted by the poor lady's step father. He and others stormed into the water and pulled the dead woman from the gator's mouth.

Growing up in Tallahassee FL my friends and I would here stories about gators. Park rangers would never admit they attacked people. They would say that gators would take down dear or pigs. Now some pigs get very big in north Florida...Very big. It is my considered opinion that a large pig would fight more viciously than a human. Jeez, even a dear would wound a gator with its antlers.

So simple logic tells me that gators would find humans a nice easy meal. Many years ago I went to south Florida with my parents. We stayed at their friends house. They lived next to a river or estuary in my mind. Had a nice dock too. The morning of the first full day the man said to me "Want to feed the alligator?" Being something like 10 or 12 years old I thought I'd doied and gone to heaven. "Yeah!" He gave me bread crumbs and such. We walked out on the dock and started throwing bread in the water. In no time a large gator glided silently up to the dock. He ate everything...Quickly and menacingly. I remember looking into his eyes. Pure reptilian evil. This creature had no soul. Only an empty stomach. Being very impressionable and graced with an abundance of Godly fear of large, carnivorous I decided then and there I was no match for a gator.

It still amazes me when I see or hear of people (usually middle aged men) feed gators or try to get close and take a really scary picture of one. In no time flat a gator could grab the imbecile, twist and roll and severe the man's leg off.

Still this does not address how the three women were killed by gators. This is serious, unlike normal gators and gived wise people cause to stay away from areas that attract theses dangerous reptiles.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a 50 y/o white guy. Own my own business. Have wife, son & two step daughters. Have a Bull Mastiff dog, chickens, 1 cat. I live on 10 acres deep (in the woods) of north Florida.

ARCHIVES
12/12/05 / 12/14/05 / 12/16/05 / 12/24/05 / 12/26/05 / 01/04/06 / 01/09/06 / 01/20/06 / 01/30/06 / 02/08/06 / 03/22/06 / 03/24/06 / 04/02/06 / 04/16/06 / 05/01/06 / 05/15/06 / 02/20/07 / 03/01/07 /


Powered by Blogger